Friday, August 01, 2008

Cook'n with Ruth (Sounds Like a TV Show)

Liz , Mackenzie , and Nicole want so much to learn how to cook Guatemalan style.
So they visited our friend Ruth and asked if she would teach them how to cook.
So they hit the streets on market day and bought all the food.
Liz said it was a little weird buying food like dead chickens, pork, and beef from hanging poles in the street market, but it is the only way in San Lucas.
Then the process begins, the preparation of food and spices.
Mixing the ingredients.
More spices and ingredients.More mixing, cooking (Can you tell I don't know what I am talking about)
Ok whatever.....
Washing the banana leaves to wrap the papa dish, they are used like corn husk in tamales.
Doesn't it look good.

Look'n even better.
Now after a 2 day process, we are at a feast.

I forget the name, but this was a potato disk, with spices that was out of this world.

Her famous Chile Relleno.
They are the best thing I ever tasted (Except your cooking Liz, of course)

I call this a salad, but I am told it wasn't.
It had a kick you wouldn't believe.

No comments: